I Need Thee


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ready... Set... Blog!

Hello to all! As I glance over all my friends new blogs I am amazed to see how many people Ellen and Lindsay have converted to this blogging cult of theirs. And I am happy to say I am yet another one of their victims. Well this is my first blog (speaking of which, who the crap came up with that name? It sounds like “blob”, only uglier. And there isn’t the best visual that comes to mind with either of those words. But alas, it’s too late to change it now) and I guess a good place to start is to tell a little about myself.

Well first off, my name is Adam. I invest a great deal of time thinking about the future. Some, may argue, too much. And ever since I was very young I’ve enjoyed finding strange little ways to make money. Some may say I’m too “money oriented”, but I like to think I’m “Money MAKING Oriented”. Given the fact that some of my ideas have been better than others, I still have fun doing what I do.

As any good old-fashioned boy may have started out, my first form of income was a lemonade stand. My brother and I would get our cute little Fisher Price cash register, a retro-colored picnic bench, a huge umbrella, and head out to the street corner for a day of hard work, and little pay. The whopping 30 dollars we would make (on a good day) seemed like a fortune! And it was, to an 8-10 year old kid. My ideas grew into what they are today. A moderately successful DJ and lawn care company, which are enough to keep me out of trouble, I guess you could say. If you know anyone know needs a lawn mowed, or a DJ for a church dance or house party, you’re definitely on the right blog!

Now, for the not-too-great-of-ideas, I like to think of it this way. If one out of every ten of my ideas succeeds, that’s a good enough ratio for me. And that’s about what it’s been. A few of my ideas have been: Putting a vending machine on my front porch, (parents weren’t a fan of our porch being high traffic area for loiterers) running an air-soft gun rental business, (yes, I still own 6 air-soft pistols and 2 snipers) and building a rock wall on the back of my house and charging people for climbing there. (May not be a great money making scheme but would still be freaking tight!) Not all of my ideas have been money making however, some of those include: Building a racing Hover-Craft from scratch (I actually bought plans off line, but never started), getting a pet ferret (no comment), and creating my own smoke bomb lab out of 50 pounds of potassium nitrate and a sugar substitute (I went through a little anarchist/pyrotechnics phase). Most of my friends probably don’t know of any of those crazy ideas I had. So I guess this is what a blog is all about huh?

2 comments:

Ellen Irion said...

Yay for being first to comment on your blog. . .ever! and I'm so excited you've joined the great world of blogging. Thats right me and Linds have gotten alot, - one more down, many to come!

Anonymous said...

wow that is one good blog right there well i hope to here more soon